Friday, February 3, 2012

Book Review - Mushishi


Mushishi Volume 1 by Yuki Urushibara
Check it out at the Lawrence Public Library

Reviewed by: Phoenixx C, Grade 9

What it's about: Mushishi is a collection of several short stories about a "spirit cleanser" of sorts who goes along treating those who have been infected/bothered by unknowing spirits know as mushi.

Why I picked it up: I love manga and the blurb on the back was vague enough that I thought it was about a demon slayer. I was pleasantly surprised.


What I thought of it:
I loved it. The old time Japanese ideas and respect for spiritual beings was really interesting. Each story contained a moral that seemed genuine.

I would suggest this for: Those who are fond of manga.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Submit your own review for the Teen Zone blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment