Sunday, October 30, 2011

Book Review: The Hobbit


Find it at the Lawrence Public Libary Here
Title *
The Hobbit
Author
J. R. R. Tolkien
What's it about? *
It's about the adventures of Bilbo Baggins, a normal hobbit from Bag End, in the Shire, who goes on a quest with thirteen dwarves- Thorin, Fili & Kili, Ori, Nori, & Dori, Oin & Gloin, Dwalin & Balin, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur- and a wizard named Gandalf, which takes him through the woods of Mirkwood, the Misty Mountains, through lands of men, Elves, Goblins, and Trolls.
What I thought of it: *
I love this book! It is so engaging! I've read it twice, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times! J. R. R. Tolkien it such a very good writer! After reading this, I went on to read 'The Lord of the Rings'. I liked that a lot, too! I think I prefer 'The Hobbit' though. Bilbo is realistic, as are all of the characters, and you find yourself growing rather fond of him. My favorite characters are Bilbo, Gandalf, Balin, Thorin, and Beorn.
Why I picked it up:
I got to see a play of 'The Hobbit' through TEACH (which is a homeschool group).
Star Rating:
5 Stars: It was awesome! Everyone should read this book!
I would suggest this for:
Anyone! Especially fantasy lovers who are glad to find a clean book!
Name * Katie P.
Grade *
7

No comments:

Post a Comment