Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Book Review: Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Check it out here!

Reviewed by: Kristina F., Grade 9

What it's about: Beatrice lives in Abnegation. The Abnegation's purpose is to put other's need before your needs. Beatrice decides that she can't live like that any longer, eating frozen foods, never fresh, never looking in the mirror except once or twice a year, avoiding physical contact, and others. So, Beatrice joins the Dauntless faction. The Dauntless are the daredevils. The Dauntless are fearless-or so Beatrice thought. The book follows Beatrice while she is in training to be one of the Dauntless and the relationships Beatrice builds during the training.

What I thought of it: I loved this book! It was kinda like The Hunger Games trilogy with a lot of action and ab it of romance. I always like a book with a lot of action and some romance. I hardly didn't' like anything in this book. Divergent was written by a 22 year old  woman and it was hardly evident. The book was crafted beautifully and it held me interest all through the book.

Why I picked it up: It's been on my to-read shelf for awhile, because I read the description on Goodreads.com, and I thought that it would be kinda like the Hunger Grames. it was! I enjoyed it thouroughly!

I suggest this book for: Hunger Games and dystopian fans.

Submit your own review here!

Be sure to pick up your Teen Summer Reading Log!



No comments:

Post a Comment