Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Reviewed by: Megan S.

What's it about? Belly spends the summer she turns sixteen at the beach just like every other summer of her life, but this time things are very different.


Why I picked it up: I heard good things about it and I was looking for a summery romantic read.

What I thought of it: This was a good, fun, summer read without being total fluff. This book does broach some series subjects, though not in a very direct way.

I loved Belly as I got to know her. She was very real to me. She had bratty moments and endearing moments. She was 100% brave and a total coward. She's one of the most realistic characters in fiction that I've run across in a long time and I really loved that.

This book is fairly predictable and I didn't fall head over heals in love with it the way some people have. I did really enjoy it though - and really, that's all I was hoping for. I will read the next book in this series, but I'm not jumping up and down for it.

Next in the series: It's Not Summer Without You

Submit a book review!

No comments:

Post a Comment